Thursday 10 January 2008

IMPROVING OUR WRITING SKILLS BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS!

CHRISTMAS IS OVER! WELCOME BACK TO REALITY…
Tuesday, 8th January 2008

My Christmas has been very boring because I only had five days off and I spent three of them at home because of a very inconvenient cold.
My son´s marks were so bad that I had to study with him. Fortunately, I was able to remember my math knowledge, I mean square or cube roots, quadratic equations and things like that.
Despite this, the fact of focusing my attention on other things quite different from my current work has given me a breath of fresh air.
However, I would prefer to forget my daily problems doing anything more interesting.

Christmas has been wonderful! I had a fantastic time. It is difficult for me to choose the best moment. Of course, I had many presents and opening them was fascinating; as was giving my parents and my sister the presents I had bought for them. But maybe the most amazing thing about Christmas was New Year´s Eve. After having eaten the 12 grapes in family I went out with my friends and had a fantastic time! As for the worst moment, it was after all the celebrations had finished and I realized how much homework I had!


The best moments of these holidays have been those I have spent with my friends. Christmas Day or New Year´s Day were fantastic, I had a delicious lunch with my family, and we had presents too. But being able to go out at night with my friends was just better. I had the opportunity to go to different pubs and meet people I hadn´t seen for ages. I had a whale of a time on New Year´s Eve.
However, despite the good moments, there were some which weren´t so nice. I hated it when I had to do my homework or study. Those moments didn´t seem to be holidays. But, without doubt, the worst moment was the night of the last day, when I realised everything had finished!

When it comes to checking out what we have done these last holidays, I realise that I am not able to choose the best thing. It´s really hard to choose just one moment. On the one hand, Christmas holidays are special for most people, not only because of the free time or the gifts. I´m talking about the family and all those people who you can´t see during the year.
On the other hand, I also have to mention the best and last party of the year. It was fantastic!
However, as everything, holidays also have their bad things. I am completely convinced of what has been the worst thing of these days: studying for the next exams! They are so close, just two weeks left. That´s why I haven´t been able to make the most of Christmas days, because I didn´t have so much free time as I would have liked to.

One of the best moments of my holidays was when all my nephews, my 3-year-old niece and my son stood in line before unwrapping all the presents brought from far away by the Three Wise Men. It´s a really exciting moment, and it makes me go back to my childhood and the feeling of thrill and expectation I had the night before, when I could hardly go to sleep.
What I don´t like about this time of year is having to rush to the shops, which are always packed with late shoppers like me, to buy the latest game which is usually out of stock. I hate the crowds, and I feel silly for not having bought the presents earlier. Procrastinating is no good thing, you know …

No comments: